Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 1: Beginning Meditation

So I have to admit that although this is the start of my daily routine of meditating, I have been learning to control  my thoughts and mind in my everyday life. I do this by concentrating on one thing, and then slowly concentrate on silence. If my mind begins to wonder, I quickly start concentrating on one thing again, and repeat the process.

Today I started the meditation at around 1:45. It is 2:26 now, and I must say I think I've progressed. I can now fully visualize light. Imagine, if you will, a black surface, and on this surface there is different shades of darkness. At this moment these shades of dark appear to be random; they change, they flash, they move, they wiggle, they disappear, they come closer... all at seemingly randomness.

I did get the chance to view a tunnel like hole, with infinite blackness in it; however, I did not get to explore it more as it was there for only a split second. I was able to control my breathing, and concentrate on it a lot easier, but tomorrow I think I will do it with binaural beats in my earphones. Binaural beats are specific sounds designed to effect different brain waves, and apparently, are supposed to help with deep style meditation.

I will admit that although it only felt like 10-15 minutes of meditating, it turned out to be close to 30-45 minutes. I'm happy with this day, and later tonight I will use meditation to try to bring me into a sleep so I can awake tomorrow bright and early for an interview I have. I will report tomorrow afternoon after I meditate, and if I end up falling into a trance tonight then I will report that as well.


Has anyone ever tried meditating? If so, what do you think of it? Does this sound like when you first started?

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment