Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 3: The Full Lotus

Well today was eventful. I woke up early, shaved, took a shower, and went outside to practice my meditation. Last night a friend of mine told me about Zen Meditation, so I looked into it... And it helped me quite a bit I must say. Today I went out on the porch, and sat in the full lotus (this is what I normally sit in, but now I know it's name) and closed my eyes, counted my inhales and exhales.

One thing I recognized was my ability to think beyond my thoughts. I would be thinking "One, Two, Three, Four..." and beyond those thoughts would be the slight recognition of other thoughts. I got so far as to ask myself why do I need to be so perfect when I'm just beginning? I followed the thought and concluded that of course it will take some time. Today I got up to 8 as the highest counted number. I do think I may have gotten higher, as I started just not counting and focusing on the light beyond my eyes as I inhaled, and the darkness it turned into while I exhaled.

After awhile I opened my eyes, felt clarity in my view, and took a drink of water. I then proceeded to meditate while I had my eyes open concentrating on a single plant just beyond the fence line. While I was going deeper and loosing more thought, I started to notice that the world was beginning to close around me, and getting blurry. This was my eyes closing I've come to realize, and eventually I fell back into having my eyes closed while meditating... It was truly weird, almost like I was so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open... but I wasn't even trying. I couldn't try, they just kept closing.

Eventually I got uncomfortable, with the wind blowing in the cold air, along with the full lotus position, and decided to stop. As I was unfolding.... OUCH... I definitely need to practice this more.

Today was very nice and eventful, I won't go into the details of my visions, as they were just flashes and patterns, but today was successful as I noticed a few things; my thoughts beyond thoughts (even more beyond them a few times), the light and darkness of the inhale/exhale, as well as the definite need to get a pillow to raise my body up and a soft material under my legs.

Thanks for reading. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment